Prince George’s County HR 218
Starting January 1, 2018, the Range is implementing the following process to sign up for LEOSA certification.
Please follow the below steps:
- Click on the link below…..once you click on the link below, the first thing you should do is click on the down arrow under “Select Date of Qualification”. If there are no dates, all available slots have been filled. If dates appear, select the date you would like to attend.
- Read the entire page.
- Ensure you enter your correct email address. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you enter. If you enter an incorrect email address, you will NOT receive a confirmation email.
- Fill in the remaining blanks (Last Name, First Name, Telephone Number, DOB, Old PGPD ID).
- Click “Next”
- Click the appropriate boxes for weapon types.
- Click the box the for the caliber you will be firing.
- Click Submit.
Once the system accepts your submission, as stated above, the system is going to send you an email. The system is also going to send me an email, and populate a spreadsheet, so I will be aware of everyone scheduled to attend.
Officers attending must bring with them the attached notarized application for certification. Currently there is no notary on staff.
Officers must also have a holster that fits securely outside their pants.
Also please note any retiree wishing to qualify with a revolver must have a six shot revolver.
Frangible 40 cal. 9 mm and 38 cal. ammunition will be made available. Any retiree qualifying with another caliber handgun must have lead free ammunition.
ALL ammo used at the range is green, which means NO LEAD at all. If you bring your own ammo, it MUST be green. Some attendees have brought firearms for which the range did not have ammo, and because their ammo was not green, they had to utilize a weapon borrowed from the range.
Officers should have the application for certification notarized prior to attending the class in the event no notary is available on their scheduled date.
Contact information for the Range is as follows:
LT Jim Baden , Manager, Firearms Training Section, Prince George’s County Police Dept.
Office: (301) -372-1518 Cell: (240) 695-4428 Fax: (301) 372-2976
Email: email@example.comShare on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest