DOJ – Protective Armed Security Officer (MUST HAVE HAD PRIOR ARREST AUTH)
Hourly wage $36.50/hour with $5.00 fringe benefit
Paragon is currently offering a signing and retention bonus up to $1,000.00 for qualified applicants after completing 1month on contract ($250.00), after completing 3 months on contract ($250.00) and after completing 9 months on contract ($500.00). We are offering full time hours and overtime as needed. You will also receive an additional $5.00 per hour (is up to 40 hrs a week) for Health & Welfare that is not payable on overtime. We offer paid holidays, vacation/personal and sick time.
POSITION SUMMARY: The role of the Protective Services Officer is to ensure and maintain the safety and security of all company personnel, visitors, property and assets. This is done through proactive patrols of DOJ property and monitoring of computer systems including but not limited to building management, access control, fire detection CCTV, and visitor management.
Job Duties Include but are not limited to:
· The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
· All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
· Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include function, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
· In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
· All functions, duties, tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
· Perform a variety of security-related duties, depending on the posts to which they are assigned. Protective Service Officers shall detect and respond to emergencies and secure all entrances and exits that are subject to an emergency situation as necessary.
· Typical duties include processing visitors and visitor vehicles by verifying identification, enforce property rules and regulations, contact agency sponsors or escorts, fabricating and issuing visitor passes, entering and maintaining data on visitor logs or automated visitor data base programs, detect and report criminal acts, and ensuring visitors are presented for appropriate personnel and package screening.
· Additional duties include prevent, discover, delay, and/or detain persons attempting to gain unauthorized access to property and/or personnel at the facility being protected.
EQUIPMENT/ COMPUTER SKILLS: PSO’s will be responsible for operating all security equipment on post, such as batons, OC Spray, X-ray machines, magnetometers, closed circuit television (CCTV), handcuffs, and (where required by post assignment) firearms at any time while on duty.
· Must be a U.S. citizen
· Must have ability to pass a Government background check
· Have a Social Security Card issued and approved by the Social Security Administration
· Be at least 21 years of age.
· Must have completed or graduated from a certified Federal, state, county, local or military law enforcement training academy and able to provide certification as proof.
· Possess high school diploma from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent certificate.
· Must have graduated from an accredited Law enforcement training academy And meet the following experience/education requirement:
· 1.5 years or 18 months of continuous State Police, Local Police, Federal Police, or Military Police LE Experience (Protective Security Officer and DC SPO experience do not qualify)
· 1.5 years or 18 months of continuous State or Federal corrections experience Either State or Federal (County Corrections or DC Corrections experience do not qualify)
· Pass the medical examination, drug test, and physical agility test if applicable;
· Completed the required training; and pass the required examination(s);
· Speak English fluently, read and comprehend written English, and compose coherent written reports in English.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Driver’s license, Social security card or birth certificate, and any other certification (guard/clearance card, gun permit, OC permit Baton permit, CPR, First Aid.)
WORKING CONDITIONS: With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
· Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations.
· Shift work required.
· Ability to remain on post up to four (4) consecutive hours without eating, drinking, or relieving bladder/bowels.
· Frequent and prolonged walking, standing, sitting, and stooping, up to 12 hours per day, either indoors or outdoors, during daytime or nighttime.
EOE/M/F/VET/Disabilities Employer VEVRAA Federal contractor * priority referrals for protected veterans* We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program VA License Number: 11-4665